Startup Weekend Chicago Women’s Edition is a wrap! We would like to thank all of our participants and sponsors that helped make this year such a success. We would also like to say a special thank our judges Dima Elisa, Don Bora, Magda Maslowska, and Kirk Lashley for taking the time to participate.
Are you thinking about signing up for the next Startup Weekend? Check out the list below for some of the things our judges are looking for in the perfect pitch!
The Startup Weekend judging criteria is broken up into three sections. Teams are judged according to the following 4 criteria (weighed equally):
- Can this idea make money?
- Is there positive customer growth or revenue?
- Is there a customer acquisition / rollout strategy?
- Has a revenue model been defined and is it realistic?
- Is the idea/team ready for capital and execution?
- Would you invest in this company at this point?
- Did the team identify customers (demographic, location etc)?
- Did the team get out and talk to customers?
- What is the value proposition to customers?
- What channels of communication are used?
- Product/Market fit?
Technical – Execution
- Is there a functional product (e.g.in the case of an app, did they build one)?
- Were architecture diagrams and API signatures included?
- Which services did they integrate with?
- How much of the product is running on a real server with non-sample data?
Design – Execution
- Does it have a professional look and feel?
- Does it deliver a compelling and captivating user experience?
- Is it memorable?
- What key insights were gathered over the weekend to go in this creative direction?
Check out more photos from our event here.