Thanks to our sponsors, we are announcing some special prizes for the winning teams! Local and global Startup Weekend sponsors are also providing some awesome perks, swag, and resources for all attendees.
First Place – Sponsored by Pearson Catalyst and MB Real Estate
- The winning team will have the opportunity to schedule a meeting or call with a member of Pearson Catalyst. Pearson Catalyst announced its inaugural class of edtech startups this past June, and the team is excited to provide mentorship and advice to the winning team of Chicago StartupWeekend EDU.
4.0 Schools will also offer a free consultation with a member of their Launch team, while also waiving the Essentials workshop fee for any members of the winning team who apply and are accepted to Essentials.
- And MB Real Estate, a Chicago and New York based full-service commercial real estate firm, will be providing up to 20 hours of consultation. Teams looking to get their companies up and running after the weekend can use this to help secure short term space out of which to operate.
Second and Third Place – Sponsored by CompTIA
- Our sponsor CompTIA, the non-profit computing trade association, is generously providing second and third place teams with hands-on training prizes, including a Project + project management reference materials as well as customized CompTIA gear.
- Cool StarterLeague-branded water bottles!
- All attendees have also been scooping up swag from additional sponsors all weekend-long, including from our venue host, National Louis University – keep an eye out for more!
We are also excited to highlight several global Startup Weekend resources and sponsors – check out the below for information about Google bootcamps, free domain registration, and more!
- Google is teaming up with Startup Weekend to help developers and entrepreneurs launch new startups by working with Startup Weekend to launch a series of pre- event Bootcamps! For more info and to find a bootcamp near you visit http://www.google.com/
- .CO is proud to support Startup Weekend by providing all participants with the opportunity for a free 12-month .CO domain registration. Don’t settle for a lame name with dashes or missing vowels — get a short, memorable, user friendly domain name to launch your startup this weekend! Use the promo code provided by your organizer to get your .CO at http://www.go.co/startupweekend/. Also, find an available .CO name via http://nameyour.co/. (@dotco)
- Built with the same technology that powers Amazon.com, Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides start-ups and businesses with a secure, reliable, easy-to scale, low-cost computing platform “in the cloud.” AWS is issuing all SW participants a credit voucher valued at $100 which can be applied to an existing account and is good until 12 months from issue. Please follow the instructions on startupweekend.org/aws to sign up for AWS and redeem the promotional code provided by your SW Organizer. (@awscloud)