Craft Brew Finder “Tapped In” Crowed Victor at #SWChi!
Chicago Startup Weekend kicked off Global Entrepreneurship Week here in Chicago with another great event. Entrepreneurs from all over the world came together at DIRTT to spend 54 hours of intense pitching, research, building, and designing to create Chicago’s newest startups.
While the Bears were taking a breather for weather, these startups were pitching their companies to the judging panel consisting of Troy Henikoff, Gale Bowman, Joel Abraham, and Margot Harrington. Here are the judges’ finalists, in order:
- Tapped In – Finding the beer taps you want, when you want.
- FavorCircle – Get things done by people you trust. Web app that connects people that need help with tasks to people in their network that have the time, capacity and expertise to complete these tasks.
- Innovatrium – Innovatrium allows students to self-direct their learning experience out of the classroom, to interact with other students and to attend one-on-one tutoring sessions with teachers.
The remaining successful startups created this weekend included:
- EarlyHedge – EarlyHedge is an asset management platform that allows investors to back recent graduates who have already successfully managed money for the top University Endowments.
- Tap ‘N Dyne – Negotiated price marketplace, specifically between restaurant and consumer.
- Mayflowr – Mayflowr helps you keep track of what to do in your city and helps you find what to do in other cities.
- Surprise – Location-based gift cards where the recipient is notified when in close proximity to the place selected by the sender.
- Flavr – Flavr is an membership-based platform that allows consumers to shop for their groceries online.
All #SWChi teams will now create 60 second videos to participate in the Global Startup Battle for a chance at $500k in prizes.
Like Chicago Startup Weekend on Facebook to stay updated with these great startups and for future #SWChi events.